Monday, April 25, 2011

Backyard Visiter

Here are some pics and a movie that I shot of a Brown Thrasher that I saw in my backyard yesterday (4/22/11). This is the first time I've ever seen one in my backyard, and they're cool birds, so I was pretty excited. Thanks to the Brown Thrasher for coming back multiple times so I could get these.











(The audio is just me being interrogated by my sister, who graciously lent me her camera.)
The blackness in some of the corners is there because I took the pictures through my spotting scope by pressing a point-and-shoot camera up against the eye-piece.  This isn't the most popular method amoung photographers, but it's a whole lot better than trying to draw a picture of it, (or using the point-and-shoot by itself for that matter).  I am really fortunate that I got my new tripod two days before this, because the video especially would be a whole lot more wobbly if I had used the old one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. The video didn't upload very well. It looks a lot better on my computer.

    ReplyDelete