Sunday, April 1, 2012

3/15/12, 12:40 EST; 3/16/12, 00:14 Beijing Time; 3/15/12 GMT; Beijing, China

We have arrived safely in China and are over 25 hours into our journey from the time we got on the bus in Lancaster.  We made it through customs smoothly and are now waiting out or very long (7 hour) lay-over in the Beijing airport. Life is really getting tough now.  I can handle a 13 hour flight but a 7 hour lay-over WITH A DEAD iPod BATTERIE is simply humanly impossible.  It should be illegal to build an airport without an electrical outlet at least every 15 ft.  And planes too, for that matter.  (Perhaps my weariness is showing a little.  I’m not only rambling on, a more than usual phenomenon, I’m composing sentence fragments instead of run-ons.)   Anyhow, some of the more creative (or delirious) members of our party found sources of entertainment notwithstanding the afore mentioned hardship.


I would continue rambling on so that I have something to do, but there simply isn’t anything to ramble about right now.  I was unpleasantly unsurprised to find that our party, bedecked in red shirts and hats, draws a lot of stares from the Chinese folks.  Can’t say I blame them.


P.S.  I was able to charge my iPod with one of the chaperon's power strips which he found an outlet for.  While I waited for it to charge, we talked about politics until sparks flew.  Literally.  The outlet blew up during our otherwise mundane conversation.  It was probably made in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment