Monday, May 16, 2011

Bin Laden 4

I know I wasn't going to talk about this again, but I feel that I should explain why I do not think this is a major accomplishment for Obama.  First and foremost, I give him full credit for giving the seals the go ahead to take out Bin Laden.  The only thing is that he didn't have a choice.  If word had gotten out to the public that Obama had known the location of Bin Ladin and had not done anything about it, he would have lost the next election, no doubt.  While it was risky to send in the seals, (after all, I hear the Chinese are examining the helicopter and gleaning as much of our technology as they can from it) it would have been political suicide for him to do anything else.  Therefore, it is my humble opinion that this was not, as many have said, a gutsy move on the part of the president.  It is merely another of his many calculated political maneuvers.  It happened to have a wonderful outcome, but I don't think that the President deserves praise for allowing Bush's war on terror to achieve one more great accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment