Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quick Update

Well, I tallied it up yesterday and thought you might like to know that I saw 51 new species of birds on our trip out west.  Now that I'm barely settling in, we're going to leave on a camping trip tomorrow.  We hope to not be back till Sunday afternoon, so I won't get to hear all the political jabbering about the debt limit for a few days (I think I'll manage though.  We haven't gone to this particular camp ground for a couple years because the last time we were there, there were bears all over the place tearing up cars and what-not.  The worst part was that the rangers insisted on reminding us constantly that the campground was "the bears home" and that we were guests there.  I wonder if the people who you pay to get in say that line as well.  If I am not mistaken a campground is a place were people stay, often located within an area of natural beauty.  I would be inclined to think that a campground was, therefore, the people's home, since that's who's supposed to stay in it.  Anyway, we shall se if Ricketts Glen campground is still the bears home, and if it is we'll know next time not to pay the state to sleep there.  Maybe the rangers can charge the bears rent, if they maintain their former anti-costumer attitudes, like so many other government institutions.  (I meant the so many other government institutions have anti-costumer attitudes, not that they charge bears rent.)  I will try to update you again by Monday evening.

3 comments:

  1. You never closed your first parentheceses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you know that that's the hip new digital smily face? (just kidding ;) )

    ReplyDelete