Friday, August 12, 2011

Dover Report

We’re just getting back after our trip to Dover, DE to see our grandparents and go to the beach.  Although I’m not a huge fan of the beach, because I don’t like sand and sunscreen, I enjoyed myself despite my preference for swimming pools.  While we were at the beach on Thursday, some of us walked a little ways down the beach, away from the umbrellas, and I was surprised to find both a Royal Tern and a Common Tern, in addition to Laughing Gulls, Ring-billed Gulls, Greater Black-backed Gulls, Herring Gulls, and a Rudy Turnstone.  I was able to take some grainy photos, but those aren’t really worth uploading, so I’m not going to go to the trouble.  Today we went to a shooting range and fired some of my grandfather’s pistals, which ranged from .22 to .45 caliber .  My favorite by far was the Colt .45, which I’m pictured shooting here.


I really enjoyed the range, but I was ready to leave when we did.  It gets really hot in those sandpits, and there were lots of people who had to take turns, so most of the time wasn’t actually spent shooting.  Now that we are going back home, I’m getting kind of apprehensive about my soccer practice tomorrow, since I haven’t been able to go running much due to our constant travel this summer.

2 comments:

  1. How was your soccer game? I enjoyed going to the beach and the firing range with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have a game, Saturday was just our first practice of the season. I enjoyed the beach and firing range too (but especially the firing range). :)

    ReplyDelete