Friday, July 1, 2011

07/01/2011, 10:05 EST


We are just now entering the city of Saint Louis, and the arch has just come into view.  We left our hotel at approximately 08:00 EST, 07:00 local time.  Before that, however, I went out to check out the grassy area surrounding the parking lot of the hotel, just in case.  As soon as I exited the building I was met with an unfamiliar bird song.  After taking some time to locate one of the singers, I instantly recognized the distinctly marked Dickissle, which I had never seen before.  Although I did try to take a picture, I found that taking a picture of a bird that is about 4 inches long from more than fifteen feet with a point-and-shoot camera is completely and utterly pointless.  Maybe next time I’ll try taking my scope and using that to take a picture, but I honestly didn’t expect to find anything in the parking lot of my hotel.

I just took a picture of the arch, with some difficulty, from the car.  (Why did it have to be on the other side of the car?)  I think my brother might have gotten a better one, but this is my blog, so I’ll use my picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment