Friday, July 1, 2011

07/01/2011, 17:25 EST


We finally left the state of sin and Missouri at approximately 16:56 EST.  Just 5 minutes ago I saw a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher for the first time in my life.  Although I know it’s early to call my highlight of the day, I think that it’s safe to say that the two new birds will still be the highlight tonight.

It’s now 17:50 EST and we have been at a dead stop since I finished writing the last paragraph here on interstate 44.  We figure there must be an accident up ahead, but it’s way to far to see and we haven’t heard any emergency vehicles.  The scissor-tailed flycatchers and Dickcissels have been giving us a bit of a show, though.
Okay, it is currently 19:17 EST and we have just started moving for the first time since 17:30.  It’s still kind of slow going, and we’ve just stopped again, but I hope it’s just a short stop this time.  Turns out that it was an accident involving a tractor trailer.  When we called our hotel to tell them we would be late, the lady said that the accident was all over the news.  Heres some pictures of the um. . . Oklahomaesk scenery.




In addition, it was 100 degrees F the entire time we sat there, as this picture evidences in the top right-hand corner.


I also thought it was funny that the compass said South-west, which is also the region of the nation that we're in.

No comments:

Post a Comment