Monday, July 18, 2011

07/15/2011, 14:28 EST

Not long after I finished writing the last post yesterday we passed the Custer’s Last Stand Memorial, or whatever it’s called.  We decided not to stop, considering that the battle was really more of a skirmish in which a foolish commander decided to lead his small force against an Indian horde, against orders and all reason.  I did look at it as we drove by, however, and I don’t think I missed out on anything other than another tourist trap.  We did, however, visit Devil’s tower, which was pretty cool.  I’ve never seen anything like it.


We went on a short hike around the base of the tower before we left, but we left relatively quickly.  Afterword, we headed off to Mount Rushmore.  Although I didn’t find Mount Rushmore extremely awe-inspiring or fascinating, I guess I can say that I saw it now.


We passed the rest of the day without event, and were able to make a good start the next mourning, after which we made it to the Bad Lands (yes, apparently I was wrong and we weren’t planning to go to the Bad Lands yesterday).  Despite the name, I found it extremely beautiful.






In addition to beautiful scenery, we saw Big-horned Sheep at the park, although none of them were males, unfortunately.


Over all, we had a great time and are looking forward to getting to our cousins' house.  Unfortunately, I will most likely not have much time in which to blog with all the fun going on there.  I'll try to remember everything for afterwards, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment