Tuesday, July 5, 2011

07/04/2011, 20:56 EST

Not too long after I finished writing the last post we went to Quartz Mountain for a hike.  Other than a few cactus spines and cut knees, both of which I miraculously avoided, I think everyone had a good time clambering over rocks and negotiating crevices.  In addition to this, I saw a Painted Bunting, which was very beautiful despite my rather short look.  The view from the top was magnificent, and even I was able to get some decent looking pictures.


Before we left, however, we found a Black Widow in the garage and I, the crazy tourist/trip photographer took pictures of it before they killed it.  It was actually a really cool looking spider, especially since this one had cool patterns on its back, unlike some others.

WARNING!  The following images may cause nausea, fainting, intense fear, and other undesirable symptoms.  If you are susceptible to arachnophobia or suspect that you may be DO NOT view the following pictures. (just kidding)


We had to get the last picture after the we killed it, because the spider didn't want to show us the hour glass on the underside of it's abdomen.  

Some people think that people just blog for fun, but it can get to be quite a chore.  Fortunately, I've had an assistant to keep me on task during our stay at my cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment