Friday, July 1, 2011

07/01/2011, 21:20 EST

Al-righty, it's currently 8:21 local time and we've finally made it to the hotel.  Of course, we got here around 8:30 EST, 7:30 local time.  Although the accident was a huge annoyance, there was silver lining to this mundane and utterly frustrating cloud.  While we were sitting in the dead stand-still, I set up my scope in the car and was able to snap a few pictures of a Scissor-tail Flycatcher through it.  How many people get the privilege to do that from a car on the highway?


After we started up and drove for a little while, I also saw some Great-tailed Grackles for the first time.  As I witnessed today, this is a very aptly named bird.  So, three new birds in one day isn't that bad for never actually setting aside any time to bird.  If this trend continues, you and I both are going to get tired of visiting Cornell's web-sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment