Thursday, July 21, 2011

07/20/2011, 20:58 EST

Well, as I predicted, I didn't really get any time to blog while we were at my cousins' house except posting the one I wrote in the car.  Fortunately, I was able to recruit help from my blogging buddy again because our cousins from Oklahoma came up to Nebraska to take part in the family reunion.  Although there were lots of people there I didn't know, I knew everyone my age from one time or another, so I felt pretty comfortable.  The first day we drove to Iowa for the family reunion.  There we chatted and ate and had a good time and went to a family sharing time, which was also fun in its own way.  The second day we had a worship service in a nursing home in which one of our ancestors currently resides and drove to the ancestral farmland of our shared ancestors.  Unfortunately, the important historical buildings were all either burnt down or disassembled for parts, but there were a few trees left that we could see.  Far more interesting was the old school house in which said ancestors had been educated, which we were able to get into due to the severe deterioration of the door frame.  Despite the visible signs of having been inhabited by animals, there was still a lot to see and was an interesting look into the former times.  I will wait a few months before complaining about the inferiority of our public school systems after that experience.








After that, the reunion officially ended and we went home with both sets of cousins.  The day after that we went to the Omaha zoo, which was pretty good.
  














The next day we went to a lake and kayaked and swam therein.  Additionally, we decided to stack two people on top of my uncle and see if we could make him collapse.  




He didn't collapse, but I got a picture, so it wasn't a total loss.  Bottom line is we've been having a great time and I'm kind of bummed that we've already left.

No comments:

Post a Comment