Wednesday, July 6, 2011

07/06/2011, 12:18 EST

It is currently approximately 10:18 local time and we are driving through the wilds of New Mexico.  It would be more scenic if there weren’t so man [explicative] wind mills on the ridge lines, but I’m happy with what I’ve got.  I can testify that there really are dust devils, tumble weeds and cowboys in the panhandle of Texas, since I saw all three while driving through.  The scenery started getting really cool as we neared the New Mexico border too, with all the mesas and shrubby, grubby bushes.  But, in addition to this I just saw my first Swainson’s Hawk fly over the car a couple minutes before I started writing this, which was pretty cool.  There are some pretty serious mountains that we’re driving by right now, lots of nice reds and tans.  I still think I like West Virginia better, but this is definitely very beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment