Thursday, July 14, 2011

07/14/2011, 9:36 EST

Yesterday, on our way to our hotel at Red Lodge from Yellowstone National Park we went through Bear Tooth pass, with a peak elevation of 10,947 ft.  My dad said that it looked exactly like the Alps in Switzerland, except maybe a little smaller.  Whatever they resembled, they were very beautiful mountains and the pass was very cool.  In fact, we saw many glaciers that must have been at least sic feet thick, despite the fact that they’ve been having a very quick thaw that’s been causing lots of flooding around here.  Before we went through the pass, however, we stopped at a vista to check out the view.  When we got into the car, Dad noticed an insect on his rear view mirror.  I dubbed him Jiminy the Giant Spotted Alpine Forest Tree Cricket.  Of course, I’m not even sure that he was a Cricket, and I certainly don’t know whether he was a Tree Cricket (which is actually a kind of Cricket, I think) but I do know that we were in an Alpine forest.  Anyway, I’d love to hear what you would call him.
 


After we made it to the hotel, I hurriedly published the last to posts between swimming and eating dinner.  It would have been a lot easier if the network hadn’t have kept timing out while I was trying to upload pictures. Not much has happened today, since it’s only about 7:30 here right now.  Today we hope to see Mount Rushmore and the badlands of South Dakota, Deo Volente.

P.S.  Did you hear about how Obama stormed out of budget talks and said “I won’t let them call my bluff”?  I think that may be the first true thing he’s said in his carrier as President of the United States.  Hopefully the Republicans will find this truth as refreshing and rejuvenating as I did in their fight to reign in the national debt without leaving the door open for the democrats to spend us into debt again.  With one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world, I doubt that the problem is, as Obama would like us to think, that Americans are not taxed enough.  Considering his epic failures in job creation, maybe he should take some tips from this evil rich people on how to create jobs.  But I think that it would be more likely for all the Bison we saw yesterday to sprout wings and fly to the moon and feast on the green cheese up there than for Obama to allow anything to be carried by the capable and ready hands of the private sector instead of the many-leveled inefficient bureaucracies that he insists on creating that bankrupt the American people.  Sometimes I wonder whether he has any goals other than to ruin America and go on extravagant vacations.  That would certainly fit with his Muslim upbringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment